Languages Other Than English (LOTE) - Italian
Greenhills provides the opportunity for all students to broaden their horizons by experiencing another language - Italian. Signora Roberta Iebbiano covers all aspects of Italian culture - from language, to music, art, food, history and geography.
Learning a language contributes to the development of skills in thinking and reflection and the development of inter-culturally aware citizens. A range of different experiences and activities are provided by Signora Iebbiano to engage and develop the knowledge and skills of students.
Skills developed include:
* Participating in the use of the Italian language
* Identifying the names of objects.
* Introducing themselves, and greeting others.
* Following simple directions
* Understanding some of the differences in how people from
Italy eat and dress, gesture, write and say things
* Identifying Italian icons, geographic features, famous buildings
or cultural practices